- Ultra high-bandwidth NTP time server
- Stratum 1 operations via GNSS satellites
- Four GbE ports standard, all with patented NTP hardware timestamping.
- Built-in DoS detection and protection
- Security-hardened NTP ReflectorTM with firewall protection.
- Web-based protection with high security cipher suite
- Exceptional time accuracy to UTC
- Extended environmental specifications
- TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP and more
- IPv6 / IPv4 on all ports
- Rubidium Atomic Clock or OCXO oscillator upgrades.
- Dual Power Supply Option
- PTP and GLONASS ready, no additional hardware required.
- Synchronizes thousands of NTP clients
- Security-hardened for peace-of-mind time service operations
- Multiple GbE NTP ports for easy network configuration and adaptation.
- Best-in-class time accuracy for improved log file and timestamp precision and usability.
- Very reliable and easy-to-use network time appliance for modern networks and business operations.
The S600 network time server is purpose built to deliver exact hardware based Network Time Protocol (NTP) timestamps.
The unparalleled accuracy and security is rounded out with outstanding ease-of-use features for reliable network time services ready to meet the needs of the user network and business operations today, and in the future.
High security and capacity
The four standard GbE ports combined easily handle more than 10,000 NTP requests per second using hardware time stamping and compensation. All traffic to the S600 CPU is bandwidth limited for protection against denial-of-service (DOS) attacks. For significantly more robust and secure NTP operations, enable the security-hardened NTP ReflectorTM with 100% hardware-based NTP packet processing capable of 120,000 NTP requests per second .
Unprecedented NTP Accuracy
The Stratum 1 level S600 derives nanosecond accurate time directly from the atomic clocks aboard the GNSS satellites. By using an integrated, 72-channel GNSS receiver, every visible satellite can be tracked and used to maintain accurate and reliable time. Even in urban canyon environments where direct satellite visibility can be limited, manually inputting the position can be sufficient to acquire accurate time even from a single intermittent satellite.
Timing and design reliability
The 72 channel GNSS receiver, coupled with Microsemi's patented Active Thermal Compensation Technology, provides best-in-class time accuracy of
Four GbE ports for performance, flexibility and security
The S600 has four dedicated and isolated GbE Ethernet ports, each equipped with NTP hardware time stamping. These are connected to a very high-speed microprocessor with microsecond accurate time stamps to assure high-bandwidth NTP performance. This more than meets the need of servicing 10,000 NTP requests per second.
Intuitive, secure and easy to use web Interface
The modern web interface is the primary control interface for the S600. Once the keypad and display are used to bring the unit online, complete status and functions are easily found via the well-organized left side expanding/collapsing navigation menu. At-a-glance dashboard presentation combined with logical organization and intuitive controls make configuring the S600 quite easy.
Standard management access security
All of the expected network management protocols are standard in the S600. These include mandatory password access, HTTPS / SSL only (using the high encryption cipher suite), SSH, access control lists, service termination, SNMPv2 / v3 and NTP MD5 authentication. All traffic to S600 is bandwidth-limited for protection against the DoS attacks.