The GPS referenced S650 is designed for modern electronics systems and networks that require best-in-class synchronization performance easily adaptable to a wide range of applications.
- (<)15ns RMS to UTC (USNO)
- (<)1x10-12 Frequency Accuracy
- Modular timing architecture with unique and innovative FlexPortTM technology.
- Most popular timing singal inputs/outputs are standard in the base Timing I/O module (IRIG B, 10 MHz, 1 PPS, etc.)
- Four GbE ports standard, all with patented NTP hardware timestamping.
- Web-based management with high-security cipher suite
- (-)20DegC to 65°C operating temperature, shock and vibration qualified
- IPv6/IPv4 on all ports
- Rubidium Atomic Clock or OCXO oscillator upgrades
- Dual power supply option
- PTP and GLONASS ready; no additional hardware required
- FlexPortTM timing technology efficiently and cost-effectively adds innovative "any signal, any connector" technology, eliminating the wasted space inherent with legacy style fixed-signal modules/BNCs
- Multiple GbE network ports for easy network configuration and adaption
- Reliable and rugged design for long product life and wide application scope
- Many security-hardened, network-based feature for stringent IA requirements
The modular Microchip (Microsemi) S650 combines the best of time and frequency instrumentation with unique flexibility and powerful network / security-based features. The level of timing signal flexibility is unprecedented and can even eliminate the need for additional signal distribution chasis and there is no degradation in the precise quality of the coherent output signals.
The base Timing I/O module with 8 BNC connectors comes standard with the most popular timing I/O signals (IRIG B, 10 MHz, 1PPS and so on). When more flexibility is required, the unique Microchip (Microsemi) FlexPortTM Technology option enables 6 of the BNCs to output any supported signal (time codes, sine waves, programmable rates), all configurable in real time via the secure web interface. The incredible BNC-by-BNC configurations makes very efficient and cost-effective use of the 1U space available.
Timing and Design Reliability
The 72-channel GNSS receiver coupled with Microchip's (Microsemi) patented Active Thermal Compensation Technology provides excellent accuracy of (<)15ns RMS to UTC (USNO). Backstop this with a durable hardware design subjected to MIL STD 810G testing, high-reliability components extending the operating temperature range to a very wide -20°C to 65°C and a dual power supply option. Further, upgrading to a high performance oscillator, such as Rubidium atomic clock, keeps the S650 accurate for long periods in the event of a GNSS service disruption.
The four standard GbE ports accommodate more than 10,000 NTP requests per second using hardware time stamping and compensation. All network traffic to the S650 CPU is bandwidth-limited for protection against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. For more secure NTP operations, enable the optional Security-Hardened NTP ReflectorTM with line speed, 100% hardware-based NTP packet processing*. The reflector is also a CPU-protecting firewall, bandwidth limiting non-NTP traffic to the CPU. It is also equipped with DoS detection, notification and protection against abnormally high network traffic.
Leverage Built-In Hardware
The SyncServer S650 includes additional built-in hardware features that are enabled through software license keys, such as the Security-Hardened NTP ReflectorTM. Anticipated future software enabled hardware options are GbE PTP operations and GLONASS support.
Standard Management Access Security
All of the expected network management protocols are standard in the S650. These include mandatory password access, HTTPS/SSL only (using the high encryption cipher suite), SSH, access control lists, service termination, SNMPv2/v3 and NTP MD5 authentication. All traffic to S650 is bandwidth-limited for protection against the DoS attacks.
Intuitive, Secure and Easy to Use Web Interface
The modern web interface is the primary control interface for the S650. Once the keypad and display are used to bring the unit online, complete status and functions are easily found via the well-organized left side expanding/collapsing navigation menu. At-a-glance dashboard presentation combined with logical organization and intuitive controls make configuring the S650 quite easy.